Brackenborough Hall Coach House Holidays is a great place to bring your pets and we are proud to have achieved the Welcome Pets award. This page highlights the facilities that we offer along with further information for our guests with pets. Please contact us if you would like to know more!
Facilities and services
- There are water bowls, food bowls and mats in the central area.
- Torches are provided in the dresser drawers in each apartment.
- Dogs – there are scoops, disposal bags and spare leads available in the central area.
- Cats – scoops and disposal bags are available in the central area. A litter tray and litter is available on request.
- There is a lidded bin for used disposal bags in the yard, by the large ordinary bins.
- A hose, bucket and towel for washing pets are available on request.
- Animal transportation crates and cages may be stored in the central area.
Safety and security
- Please do not allow your pets to roam freely – there can be heavy farm machinery operating in the yard and on the farm at any time.
- Some of our fences are electric and may give a small shock. These are marked.
- Our cows roam freely around the park and paddocks. When walking your dogs, please keep them under control and avoid the cows. If they approach and you feel threatened, release your dog from its lead so that the dog can escape and take the cows with it.
- Do not allow your pets to foul the children’s play area behind the coach house, or any other part of the grounds to the Hall and coach house.
- Beware – one of our cats, Ollie, has been known to scratch dogs when he feels threatened by them! Jessie, our Labrador, may bark, but is very friendly and will think visiting dogs have come especially to play with her!
- All sizes and types of dogs are accepted, so long as they are not aggressive.
- We have also welcomed cats, hamsters and gerbils – just ask us if you have a more unusual pet you would like to bring!
- We charge £20 per dog per week but do not usually charge for other pets.
- Please do not allow your pets on the sofas, chairs and beds – we will provide protective throws for sofas on request if you have difficulty with this!
- Any damage to your apartment must be reported to us before you depart and may have to be paid for.
- The nearest veterinary surgeons are in Louth. Cook, Timson and Bett of James Street, Louth, are our farm vets and their telephone number is 01507 602828. Black Sheep Vets are at Meridian Centre, Belvoir Road, Fairfield Industrial Estate, Louth (telephone 01507 609929). Rase Vets are at 17 Newmarket, Louth (telephone 01507 607718).
- Cook, Timson and Bett’s hours are:
- 9–10am and 2–2.30pm Monday–Friday (open surgery)
- 9–10am on Saturdays (open surgery)
- 3–7pm Monday–Friday (appointments)
- 9:30–10am on Bank holidays and Sundays (urgent cases)
- The nearest pet shops are in Louth. Abby, who lives on the farm, is a joint owner of Potty About Pets in Mercer Row (telephone 01507 603621) and P Baines is at 85 Eastgate (telephone 01507 602552).
- The Co-op, Morrison’s and McColls in Louth also sell pet food.
- The best walks for your dogs are on our farm (see our walks folder in the central area) but you may also like to take them to the beach (Mablethorpe North End at any time of year and most other beaches in the winter).
- There are also numerous local walk leaflets in the central area.
- For guests with wheelchairs or buggies, there is a level path at Hubbard’s Hills (parking is easiest on the far side from Louth, near Hallington).
- Dogs are welcome in some public houses and restaurants – try The Royal Oak, Little Cawthorpe ("The Splash"), the Waggon & Horses at South Reston, or use the gardens at the Splash, the Woolpack in Louth, the New Plough in Covenham, or the Waggon & Horses.
- Louth Tourist Information Centre is in the town hall on Cannon Street (telephone 01507 601111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). It is open 9am–5pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 9am–4pm on Wednesdays and, between Easter and the end of October, 10am–4pm on Saturdays.
- For general travel information contact Lincolnshire County Council, telephone 01522 782070, or visit their public transport web pages.
- Buses – the nearest bus stop is in Louth. The bus station is on Church Street. Contact Stagecoach on telephone 08456 050605 (dogs accepted, fare may be payable) or Grayscroft Coaches, telephone 01507 473236.
- A dial-up bus service is available with InterConnect, telephone 0845 234 3344.
- Trains – the nearest railway stations are Grimsby Town, Market Rasen and Lincoln Central. You can telephone National Rail on 08717 818181, or call TrainTracker™ on 0871 200 4950 for the latest information.
- Details of taxi services are available in the central area – a taxi to Louth can cost as little as £4 and some have large people carriers available. Try M Goy’s Taxis (telephone 07840 391730), Streets (telephone 01507 608 036) or Hobson’s Choice (telephone 01507 358327).