Brackenborough Hall Coach House Holidays makes the perfect place to start a walk in the grounds, on the farm, to Louth or further afield. We are proud to hold the Walkers Welcome award and this page highlights the facilities that we offer along with further information for walkers. Contact us if you would like to know more!
Facilities and services
- Clothes and footwear can be dried in the central area, the boiler house next to the Hall, or (on request) in the woodchip burner shed.
- There are boot scrapers by the doors to the Hall, a boot brush on the hooks in the central area and a tap on the outside of the woodchip burner shed.
- There is a first aid kit is on the shelves in the central area.
- The nearest shop is McColls in Louth, 2 miles away, and is open 6am–10pm on weekdays and Saturdays and 7am–10pm on Sundays.
- There are also two supermarkets in Louth, Co-op and Morrison’s.
- It is possible to walk to pubs which sell food – the Woolpack in Louth and the New Plough Inn at Covenham are the closest.
- For local restaurants, try Istanbul, the Tai Pan and the Helal in Louth, the Millhouse at Covenham and the restaurant at the Brackenborough Hotel.
- See the food and drink folder in the central area for more information.
- Shopping can be pre-ordered online and delivered by Tesco (Cleethorpes) or Asda (Grimsby).
- We recommend the local food from Louth market (Wednesday, Friday and Saturday) and the numerous butchers, green grocers and speciality food shops in Louth. We use Lakings butchers, The Cheese Shop and McLeods delicatessen.
- Maps and walking/local books are available on the shelves in the central area.
- There are local walk and attraction leaflets on the table in the central area. You can also view or download the Lincolnshire Wolds Walks leaflets online.
- There is a folder of walks on our farm in each apartment.
- The nearest doctors’ surgeries are in Louth. We use Newmarket Medical Practice, telephone 01507 603121.
- The nearest dental practices are in Louth. We use Broadbank Dental Practice, telephone 01507 606506.
- Louth County Hospital is at the far end of High Holme Road, telephone 01507 600100. The accident and emergency unit is well signed at the top.
- There are no all night chemists in Louth but three chemists open late on a rota – ask us for details from the local papers. Boots Pharmacy is on Mercer Row and the other chemists are in Eastgate.
- The nearest veterinary surgeons are in Louth. Cook, Timson and Bett of James Street, Louth, are our farm vets and their telephone number is 01507 602828. Black Sheep Vets are at Meridian Centre, Belvoir Road, Fairfield Industrial Estate, Louth (telephone 01507 609929). Rase Vets are at 17 Newmarket, Louth (telephone 01507 607718).
- Louth Tourist Information Centre is in the town hall on Cannon Street (telephone 01507 601111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). It is open 9am–5pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 9am–4pm on Wednesdays and, between Easter and the end of October, 10am–4pm on Saturdays.
- For general travel information contact Lincolnshire County Council, telephone 01522 782070, or visit their public transport web pages.
- Buses – the nearest bus stop is in Louth. The bus station is on Church Street. Contact Stagecoach on telephone 08456 050605 (dogs accepted, fare may be payable) or Grayscroft Coaches, telephone 01507 473236.
- A dial-up bus service is available with InterConnect, telephone 0845 234 3344.
- Trains – the nearest railway stations are Grimsby Town, Market Rasen and Lincoln Central. You can telephone National Rail on 08717 818181, or call TrainTracker™ on 0871 200 4950 for the latest information.
- Details of taxi services are available in the central area – a taxi to Louth can cost as little as £4 and some have large people carriers available. Try M Goy’s Taxis (telephone 07840 391730), Streets (telephone 01507 608 036) or Hobson’s Choice (telephone 01507 358327).
- For up-to-date weather forecasts text WEATHER to 81010, telephone 09068 500 413 or visit the BBC Weather website. Alternatively, ask Paul, Barry or Ian who are always aware of the forecast for the farm.
- Louth also has banks, cash machines, public telephones, two post offices, post boxes and outdoor equipment shops.
- We provide a telephone in the central area and do not charge for short or local calls.
- There are copies of the Countryside Code in each apartment.