- Nature reserves – spot the wild flowers, birds and seals on the many local nature reserves; we particularly recommend those near to Lincolnshire’s unique coastline.
Seals on the beach
- Love Food – Select Lincolnshire – you have to try the local products including meat, stuffed chine, real Lincolnshire sausages and pork pies, the local cheeses – Poacher and Yellowbelly – and also a tempting variety of local beers!
- Lincolnshire’s coast – the miles of sandy beaches and numerous nature reserves are unique to Lincolnshire and a must for families/nature lovers.
One of Lincolnshire’s sandy beaches
- Cadwell Park Race Track – regular meetings for bikes and cars at this famous track just 5 miles from Brackenborough.
- Market Rasen Racecourse – for those who prefer horses, just 16 miles away.
- Louth Playgoers Theatre – a state of the art theatre, just 2 miles away, where you can enjoy productions from touring companies, in addition to the excellent Louth Playgoers Society.
- Golf – visit one of the many excellent golf courses nearby.
- Fishing – enjoy a quiet day out fishing on our farm pond or on one of the other nearby ponds.
The secluded fishing pond
- Big Skies – recently voted the best county for big skies, come and enjoy the space.
- Family days out – visit the many nearby attractions such as Rushmoor Country Park, Rand Farm Park, Pleasure Island, Fantasy Island, Butlins, the Fishing Heritage Museum, The Deep and the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre.
- Art on the Map and other festivals – there are many local artists showing and selling their work at regular events; time your visit to coincide with the Art on the Map series of open galleries.
- Open Roads – drive on quiet country roads and enjoy the Lincolnshire landscape.
- Classical music – Louth has a very strong classical music scene including touring artists and free informal lunchtime concerts.